Monday, January 4, 2010

January 2010 Prompt

Welcome back everybody ... I hope everyone had a good New Year's. But more importantly, I hope you're ready for the first prompt of 2010. If you're new, this is for the Storytellers flash fiction. Basically, the rules are simple: I post a picture and you write a short story of up to 1,000 words. I'll post the stories beginning next week, one every day until I run out, and commenters are welcome. The idea is to have some fun and get a little writing done—and you never know, maybe a prompt story will spark your next Big Idea. If you have any questions, email me at jvzile@aol.com.

And without further ado: this month's prompt ...

5 comments:

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Hee hee, I love it!

I'll be en route to Mexico all day Wednesday and given the crazy restrictions I may be writing with pen and paper (as long as it's not in my lap).

Spy Scribbler said...

But can't the pen be used to gouge someone's eye out? Maybe you should bring along some crayons, just in case.

I promised myself I'd "play" at writing, once a week. I'll try. But all that's coming to me is the obvious... :-)

Erica Orloff said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Jon VanZile said...

Anon,

Mom ... is that you?